1) If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? (Assume you also get baseline superhero enhancements like moderately increased strength, endurance and agility.)
I’m a sucker for the easy answer, flight, but I won’t go that route. I think I’d like to have some kind of pre-cognitive abilities or psionic powers. The ability to manipulate physical objects with the power of my mind would be cool. So, like Bill, another mental power.
2) Which, if any, ‘existing’ superhero(es) do you fancy, and why?
I was Batman for Halloween on three seperate occassions, so I’ll pick the Dark Knight. I haven’t yet seen Batman Begins but it’s at the top of my list. I’m normally not a DC fan, but Batman was always my favorite. I guess I just like the fact that Batman is a regular guy who pushes himself to become something greater. Current favorite Bat-title: Gotham Central.
Were I to pick a Marvel hero, it’d be Bobby Drake – Iceman, the forgotten X-Men. I loved him in the early 80′s Spider-man cartoon and in X-Factor back in the day. Just a nostalgic pick.
3) Which, if any, ‘existing’ superhero(es) do you hate?
I hate, Hate, HATE Iron Man. Maybe it’s the moustache. Maybe it’s the suit. Maybe it’s the name – Tony Stark. Whatever it is, I just find him cheesy. Not even The Ultimates can make him interesting to me.
4) OK, here’s the tough one. What would your superhero name be? (No prefab porn-name formulas here, you have to make up the name you think you’d be proud to mask under.)
5) For extra credit: Is there an ‘existing’ superhero with whom you identify/whom you would like to be?
Maybe Nightwing. Someone who is trying to come to grips with who he should be, what he should do now that he’s an adult. Someone who’s used to feeling on top of the world and in charge and confronting the rigors of being a “grown-up”.
There you go. Who’s next? Tag! You’re it!