Went to the new dentist today for a long-overdue and well-deserved check-up and cleaning. The old dentist wasn’t on our insurance and now I’ve come to find out, neither is the new dentist. Suck, suck, suck.
Well, such is life. Here are a few other things I learned today.
1) People will proselytize anywhere. My hygienist tried to convert me while I sat open-mouthed in the chair getting plaque scraped off my bicuspids. The lord truly works in mysterious ways.
2) The son dentist (it’s a father/son operation) played tennis at UGA when Jenn and I were in school. Joey Pitts.
3) I have great teeth, I just need to floss better. All 4 people (2 dentists, 2 hygienists) who had their hands in my mouth this afternoon repeated this mantra.
4) Our new Bruster’s opened on the day before blogged about it. How do I know this? The perfect reward for dental work is ice cream. We asked the ice cream jerk when they opened. Duh!
5) I need oral surgery to remove my wisdom teeth. Not a news flash.
6) Crest White Strips, the ultra-cool “supreme” version only available from your dentist, are hella expensive. We may try the OTC version, though. According to the entire staff, we could expect great results.
Brush and Floss daily. End transmission.