For the last time (two previous posts here and here), here are the pertinent details that lead to my theory that Harry Potter is the sixth and final Horcrux created by Lord Voldemort to shield his soul from death:
1) Lord Voldemort knows the first half of the prophecy foretold by Sybil Treelawney to Dumbledore (through Peter Pettigrew [Wormtail] and Severus Snape) that Harry Potter will be a wizard of power equalling his own.
2) Lord Voldemort kills James and Lilly Potter and performs some kind of spell upon Harry, leaving him permanently scarred.
1) Creating a Horcrux from a living creature has unintended consequences, such as the loss of one’s original corporeal form.
2) Alternatively, creating six Horcruxes (splitting your soul into the magically-significant 7 pieces) has unintended consequences, such as the loss of one’s original corporeal form.
1) If Lord Voldemort only know the first half of the prophecy, it would make sense that he would try to place a part of his sole in the body of his main, upcoming rival. Then, even if that rival were to kill him, his soul would live on. It’s a sinister, evil and very effective plot.
Given the above Facts, Assumptions and Theory, Harry Potter must be the sixth and final Horcrux. Harry is the unwitting host of the soul (part of it, at least) of the most terrible wizard ever and Lord Voldemort is reduced to some sort of ineffectual wraith, searching for a body.
I, for one, look forward to reading how JK Rowling works her way out of this situation. Book 7 should be fun.