Not exactly the episode I wanted or expected, but very good nonetheless. Again, I’ve got a list of takeaways:
- Gotta love that Dharma Initiative, brought to you by the Hanso Foundation – look below the last link and you’ll find the hidden link.
- The fact that Jack and Desmond both remember one another, despite the brief nature of their encounter.
- Are all the “others” merely survivors from the back of the plane like Ana Lucia, or has she made some kind of an alliance?
- In season one when Locke is on the phone with “Helen” was it Katey Segal’s voice on the other end? Did they break up? Did he replace her with some phone-sex operator with the same name? Somebody with the DVDs please look into this issue!
- Can Jin really speak English, or is this a case of someone else speaking Korean and we’re privy to the translation? See oceanicflight815.com, type ‘theislandiswaiting’ into the barcode prompt and see the new script page for more details.
- My wife reminded me tonight that Jack is a nickname for John. Is it more than a coincidence that both Johns (Locke and Jack) are now apparently the tandem in charge of inputting the code every 108 minutes?
- Anybody come up with any good anagrams for Alvar Hanso or Dharma Initiative?
That’s it. If you’ve got other theories, wild speculation or you just want to chat, leave a comment.
UPDATE: Additional notes –
- The two polar bears from the orientation film
- Could Adam & Eve on the island be the two progenitors of the Dharma Initiative?
UPDATE II: how now, brown pau? has some cool theories about the Dharma Initiative, the ba gua, the numbers and the island. Check it out.
UPDATE III: If you’re interested, I also blogged this week’s episode of Lost, Everybody Hates Hugo.
UPDATE IV: If you’re looking for information on one of the many Dharma Initiative websites or a username/login/password, go here.