Okay, I know you’ve all been anticipating this post like it was Christmas morning, so here goes:
- Bunion (duh) – not as bad as anticipated
- Tendonitis of the left ankle and left (bunion) big toe
- Bone spurs in the left mid-foot
- Physical therapy for the tendonitis
- Orthotic for the bunion
- 800mg of Ibuprofen for the painful sleeping
- Therapy should give me broader range of motion, less pain and painful sleep in my ankle
- Orthotic should help my bunion pain, but not the shape or calcification
- Surgery is a last resort option as it entails breaking my metatarsal (big toe), getting pins in my toe, realigning my tendon and staying off my foot for 2-3 months
All in all generally good news, but I wanted to get cut. I want the surgery and the pins. I want a better looking, fully functional toe.
The tendonitis is a good catch and the likely culprit of a good portion of my new and most annoying pain, but I want the damn bunion gone.
Time will tell. I’ll do the work (therapy) and buy the orthotic.
Watch this space.