So yesterday was Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. There were children in our office, though Raelyn stayed at daycare. She was too young to participate in the curriculum of the day, which consisted of classes, taught by employees, about the television and entertainment industries. Jenn’s supervisor even taught a class on cartoons and new media.
But Turner is not alone in this endeavor. The U.S. Military also participated in the day. You could even get your picture taken with Spider-Man and Captain America [PDF] if you were a child lucky enough to have a parent who works at the Pentagon. Lucky ducks every one of them.
Which got me to thinking – isn’t Free Comic Book Day just around the corner? Wouldn’t the next illogical step be Take Your Comic Book Collection To Work Day? Stay with me, here:
1) Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day – April 28
2) Marvel Superheroes celebrate day at the Pentagon – April 28
3) Free Comic Book Day – May 7
4) Many children and adults celebrate the day by getting free comic books – May 7
5) The following Monday, May 9, adults and kids alike bring their comic books to school or work to spread their abiding love for this wonderful form of entertainment and collectability.
Maybe I’m being silly. Or perhaps you’re just jealous of my comic books!