For the longest time, ever since I heard about Lucas planning the prequels, I’d heard that he actually had a 9-movie cycle in mind. The original trilogy comprising the middle third of this cycle. The “prequels” would be the logical opening third and the last three movies – episodes VII, VIII and IX – would round out this epic saga.
I am not alone in this belief. Jenn repeated the rumor after we saw Revenge of the Sith, despite my misgivings. Roger Ebert is also a purveyor of this line of thought [via Cinematical]. He claims that Fox wouldn’t abandon such a successful franchise and that Lucas already has the basic story mapped out. Hard to argue with success or the creator’s vision.
With all the swirling innuendo and subterfuge, I’d rather just have fun. There’s a long holiday weekend coming up so I’ll leave you with a few items.
1) John Williams and the Music of ‘Star Wars’ – NPR story on the composer of all the Star Wars music.
2) What Colored Lightsaber Would You Have? – A fun quiz to help you determine the shade and hue of your elegant weapon
3) “Sith” Fans Maimed in Light-Saber Mishap – Two Brits injure themselves building faux lightsabers.
4) Your Lightsaber and You – Instructional video
5) How Lightsabers Work – Via howstuffworks.com
Enjoy the long weekend. May the Force be with you.
UPDATE: Don’t know how I missed the Star Wars Episode III Easter Egg Hunt.