The season premiere episode of Lost, “Man of Science, Man of Faith,” aired tonight and it was fantastic. While we were promised that we’d find the answers to what was inside the hatch, that wasn’t technically the case. We got some more tantalizing and intricate details to be sure, but that really only muddied the waters.
Here are my questions/talking points for the first episode:
- What did Walt say?
- Was he speaking backwards?
- Did he mentin Locke? (I swear I heard it, but closed captioning lists Walt’s official dialogue as “whispers indistinctly”)
- Was he dripping in water? oil? blood?
- The sign was on the inside, meaning the quarantine applied to things outside the hatch
- Is he running from the devil?
- Is he still participating in his “race around the world”?
- Is he a man of science, a man of faith, both or neither?
- Is Locke the man of faith?
- Is Desmond the man of faith?
This first episode was so good, I can’t wait to learn more!
And that’s the thing about this show, it always leaves you wanting more.
As always, leave your question and comments and let’s wait on pins and needles for the next episode together.
UPDATE: Jamie, in the comments, is all over another plot-point: “Add up all the numbers on the hatch and youâ€™ll get 108â€“the number that was written all over the mural.” Nice catch, Jamie.